We pride ourselves on our commitment to practice law with the utmost competence, the highest standard of ethics and to always provide our services at a reasonable cost.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
H. Nathan Resnick
H. Nathan Resnick is the proud founding member of Resnick Law, PC and continues to act as the managing partner. He concentrates his legal practice in complex commercial litigation, real estate, and corporate law. Nathan Resnick wears many hats while he manages the law firm and practices law. He also acts as a trustee to several trusts and manages commercial and residential properties.
After law school Nate worked for the firm Thav, Gross, Steinway and Bennett where he honed his skills in the courtroom and the corporate board rooms. He gained valuable experience trying cases in federal and state court, and represented many individuals and companies in complex Chapter 11 cases in bankruptcy court. In 1993, he decided to hang his own shingle, roll up his sleeves and open his own law firm. As the firm grew over the years, adding several top-notch lawyers and paralegals, Nate stays conscious of giving each client the time, energy and attention that he gave them when he first began the firm. He has never forgotten how important his advice and recommendations are for clients going through difficult and stressful times.
While Nate has extensive experience in bankruptcy and creditor’s rights from earlier years, he is now also well known for his corporate litigation skills. Mr. Resnick is a well-respected litigator in State and Federal court, and tax court; and has a reputation for his willingness to take a case to trial when necessary. He has won jury trials and bench trials. He’s known as a bulldog in the legal world because he refuses to back down from any case, even if his client is “the little guy.” Nate is always willing to take on huge challenges. In fact, he even flew to Germany, at the request of a client, to try a case. Not only has he litigated in Germany, but he’s also handled several cases in Federal Court, as well as in seven states across the United States.
Mr. Resnick has represented several well known Fortune 500 publically traded companies, as well as the second largest residential homebuilder in Michigan. He co-tried a construction case where the Plaintiff was asking for $42 million dollars. He was able to win the case with a verdict where his client only had to pay 3% of that $42 million dollar demand. Even though this was a win for the client, Nathan appealed and won a complete victory in the Court of Appeals! His client did not pay anything and was even granted attorney fees of over $300,000.
As an entrepreneur and business owner, Nate brings more than expert legal advice to the table. He knows what it is like to be both an employee and an owner, so when you work with him you get more than “just” his 20 years of legal experience. He understands what it takes to run a company successfully and tackle all the day-to-day challenges of operating a business in the 21st century. This managing partner knows how to roll up his sleeves and get things done so his clients can get back to work and do what they do best.
On a personal note, Nate is married and a proud dad of two boys. He enjoys coaching his sons’ hockey and baseball teams.
- 70% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Michigan, 1989
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1989
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1993
- U.S. Tax Court, 1994
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. – 1987
- Honors: Dykema Gossett Award for Brief Writing Excellence
- Honors: Winner of the Barris, Sott, Denn & Driker Trial Competition
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- B.A. – 1982
- Honors: High Distinction
- Business Law, Teaching to Certified Public Accountant’s
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Dykema Gossett Award for Brief Writing Excellence
- For the past several years, Mr. Resnick received an award from the Bankruptcy Court for his Pro Bono legal representation.
- Winner of the Barris, Sott, Denn & Driker Trial Competition
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Downtown Development Authority for Royal Oak Township, Chair
- Consumer Bankruptcy Association
- Oakland County Bar Association